Friday, January 28, 2011

YouTube Friday: On The Rocks


This post is for my good friend Linzi. She has requested this post. If you would like to request a topic, leave me a comment or an email and I will do my best to get it on the blog.

On The Rocks was started in 1999 by Leo da Silva and Peter Hollens at the University of Oregon. They perform every Friday, and compete in the West Coast A Cappella Showcase, every year.

This year one the TV Show Sing Off , features acapella groups, hosted by Nick Lachey and judged by Ben Folds, Shawn Stockman, and Nicole Scherzinger. The show was in their second season, and I never even heard about the show until some of my friends mentioned it to me. The show was only on for a few weeks, but for those who watched it, they fell in love with harmony and just pure raw talent.


On the show they sang, Bad Romance (Lady Gaga) Which they released their video on YouTube and has over 7.5 million views, Life Your Life (TI and Rihanna), Pour Some Sugar On Me (Def Leappard & Kyrie Mr. Mister) and Elton John Medley.


Although, On The Rocks didn't win the contest, their melody has change some lives forever.


Don't forget! Only a few more days to enter the contest. Click on the link over on the right hand column for more details.

No comments: