Friday, May 20, 2011

Smallville Finale Recap

So, I’ve taken about a week before I decided to write my recap on the Series Finale of Smallville. I wanted to gather all of my thoughts, and re watch the episode a few times.


 
My favorite moments of the show:


  1. When Lois look devastated right before she takes her walk down the isle and doesn’t see her groom. Clark sweeps in and takes her hand walking her down the isle.  
  2. I love that Clark saw his father, Jonathan Kent. I loved that Lois noticed, even on their big day that Clark just noticed something…and not knowing what is was, she asked him, “Is everything okay Smallville?” Loved that! I loved how happy they were walking down the isle together.
  3. I loved that Lex, and Lionel were apart of the finale. 
  4. I liked how Martha put Clark back into place when she found out he was selling the farm.
  5. I loved that Clark finally became Superman! I really loved that Jonathan was there to give Clark the cape. He was actually in the superman gear longer than I thought he was going to be. I also loved that Lois was the first to see him after he became Superman.

My not so favorite moments:
  1. Lex for me needed a little more of a purpose on the show…maybe breaking up Lois and Clark’s wedding since Clark did that to them. He could have brought out the kryptonite or something…Lex always seemed like he was up to something, but I guess it was better than not having him in the show.
  2. Tess’s part was boring, and didn’t really see the point. They could have done away with her for the final episode, and that would have been okay.
  3. Oliver using his bow and arrow to kill 3 people at one time…LAME. No fight nothing.
  4. Same with Dark Shield. All the sudden Clark could fly and all he had to do was fly into him? Why didn’t his cousin Kara think of that?
Although super funny, the ending of the episode where Clark was running on top of the Daily Planet changing into superman was super cheesy. I think if they would have filmed in faster speed, it would have been really cool, but I loved that they threw that in there.

This episode also had some really great lines, espically from the wedding vows:
"...You've always believed in me, and I believe in you. When you believe in someone it's not for a minute, or just for now, it's forever." -Clark

"...When it comes to love I think it's like my dad always said about the army: You only sign up if it's the only thing you could ever imagine doing. " -Lois


Sometimes I think back on Season 10, and there were some amazing episodes, but there are some episodes that they could have used to help build up the finale better. Three main episodes I think they could have done away with was Fortune (the Lois and Clark Bachelor and Bachelorette Party where no one remembers anything, and Chloe and Oliver get married, but don’t remember anything-Booster, although it wasn’t a bad episode, we could have been building up to some great moments for the finale, and Dominion where Oliver and Clark go and see Zod. Although it was fun to have him back, that was a full episode where they could have shown Oliver doing things for Dark Shield and leading up to a battle with Dark Shield…

 
I loved the flashbacks of all the previous seasons. It was fun to look back and see all that he has overcome to get where he was. It made me want to re watch the series again.

I think it would have also been fun to see flashbacks during the wedding of Clark and Lois, and to see them officially married.


Overall, we got what we’ve all been waiting for; Clark became Superman, and we saw him fly. I’ve really enjoyed this show, and I’m sure I’ll be having some Smallville withdrawals real soon.


Although there were some things that I would have liked to have seen a little different, I really enjoyed the ride, and really enjoyed the finale, even though some parts were a little rushed due to time. I wouldn't have complained if they would have added another 2 hours to the show. :) Smallville will always be one of my favorite shows.
 

 

 Pictures from Superman Homepage

No comments: