Sunday, December 19, 2010

David Archuleta Singing with the Motab

This morning I went to the Christmas Concert where David Archuleta and Mike York performed and sung with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. To get these hot tickets you had to enter at lds.org and winners were randomly selected. I didn't win any tickets. :( Yesterday, I called my friend Linzi to see if she wanted to try and get some standby tickets to get in. We decided not to, and a couple of hours later she got tickets from one of our mutual friends who had a couple extra tickets. It was really amazing!


I was very impressed with David Archuleta. Even though he is still very young, he just seems so composed, and focus. I've seen David Archuleta one other time when the American Idols came into town and young girls screamed very loud. I noticed today though, I'm sure with much more practice, that he has a lot more confidence singing on the stage. He was born to sing to millions. Even if you aren't a member for the LDS Church, you have to admit just hearing the choir sing, is breath taking. I can't imagine what an honor it must have been for David to sing with the choir backing him in some songs.


Mike York, who played a college professor on one of my favorite TV's Gilmore Girls, was the narrator of the performance. As a tradition he repeated the Christmas Story from Luke 2. It never seizes to amaze me who strong the spirit is when reading/hearing the True meaning of Christmas.

I found this movie clip of some of the highlights from the concert on youtube, for those who many have been unable to attend.


The concert will be on DVD and CD next Christmas Season 2011!


3 comments:

lpettey said...

This was amazing concert. I'm so glad we were able to go.

Anna said...

My mom and I were there! Did you take those pictures? Because if you did, you had way better seats than we did. We were in the balcony, but it WAS amazing. It was "Amy amazing". The spirit was strong.

AMezNewz said...

No I didn't take those pictures. I was in the balcony...although it was front and center. LOL