Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mark Paul: Rising Beyond The Bar

All of us know and love Mark. He is best known for his roles on Saved By The Bell, NYPD Blue, or Raising the Bar. Ever since I was little Zack Morris played a big part in my life. I woke up to him every Saturday morning waiting to see what Zack might be up to. Last week I was flipping through the channels, and the had an E True Hollywood Story on the Saved By the Bell Cast. I learned that Marks first kiss was while filming Saved By the Bell. Some of the producers of the show said that ... "the kids of Saved By The Bell literally grew up in front of the cameras. The experienced first kisses, proms, graduation, and they dated each other."

I was looking on IMDB and Mark was in a relationship with Lark Voorhies aka Lisa Turtle, for three years while filming Saved By The Bell. (1989-1992) It explains a lot of chemistry they had on screen. One episode sticks out the most is where Zack helps Lisa with her fashion show and they kiss, and Screech walks in carrying some roses for Lisa. I believe he dated the other actresses from the show as well.

I also learned some cool trivia of shows that he appeared on before Saved By The Bell. (I don't count Good Morning Miss Bliss: Saved by The Bell-most of that cast bugged-Like Nikki and Mikey lol)


Blossum-as Kevin 1992
Charles in Charge- as Philip 1988
Punky Brewster- as Walker 1988
The Wonder Years- as Brad 1988
The Highway to Heaven- as Rolf 1986


I loved some of those shows. I think my dad used to watch The Highway To Heaven when I was little and that is how I know about that show. I believe it stared Michael Landon. It makes me want to go back and watch those shows. They were all classics.

Some of his hobbies are cycling, motocross and auto racing. He is also an avid pilot. Oh and his nickname is M-P, not Zack (which he probably wont answer to)-just incase you see him around town looking for motorbikes.

Mark's favorite episode of Saved by the Bell is "Running Zack", the episode where Zack explores and learns about his Native American heritage and forms a close bond with a local Indian. Mark also hated the lime light. He called himself an introvert and wished he was more like Zack Morris in School. He seems like a pretty shy guy, which was totally different from the character that he played.
AND did anyone see Mark on Jimmy Fallon when he played Zack Morris again? It was so fun to see his character again. I posted the video's below.

PART 1


PART 2

This year, Mark Paul Gosselaar has had a hard year. At the end of 2009 TNT decided to cancel Raising the Bar due to lower ratings. Then in June earlier this year He and his former wife Lisa Ann Russell, (who he met on Saved By The Bell: The College Years) and both are seeking joint custody of their two children Michael and Ava. There has been a rumor that Lisa had an affair with the Survivor Host Jeff Probst, who she was seen dating in August. Who knows for certain? Divorce is always a hard thing when children are also involved.


Since the split in June, Mark is now shooting another TV series for TNT. Any guesses on what it could be? He's done the cop thing and the attorney thing-that seem to be super popular right now. According to On The Air and IMDB Mark is doing another Attorney show called, Franklin & Bash. Mark plays Steven Bash, with cast members Breckin Meyer and Claire Coffee. TNT hasn't released an air date yet for Franklin & Bash. I'll do my best to keep you posted.


And here is just a fun video from one of the episodes of SBTB where Zack pretends to be Bambi and goes on a date with Screech.





~AMezNewz




Stay tuned for the next Saved by the Bell Cast Member Story.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Did that SBTB reunion thing ever work out on Jimmy Falon?

AMezNewz said...

I don't believe so.

AMezNewz said...

I think they did the PEOPLE magazing thing instead. I don't think they cast really likes Dustin Diamond and vis versa.