Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Take on The Craigslist Killer, Pretty Little Liars, The Biggest Loser and Parenthood

The Craigslist Killer (Lifetime Movie): The movie starts off at school where Philip is working towards being a doctor. He sees a girl while doing his residency that he ends up asking out, Megan. For their first date he took her gambling. Who does that? Seriously? Nothing says I’d love to go with you on another date than gambling. LOL
Six months into their relationship Megan moved in with Philip and he proposes to her. Before she would accept his proposal she wanted him to meet her parents. After he charms her parents and gets her fathers approval, he proposes one more time just outside her parents house as they are about to get in the car.
During their engagement Philip starts becoming the Craigslist killer. He starts off by just meeting girls from the Internet and taking their undies as a souvenir, and putting it under the same mattress that he and Megan slept on. One thing leads to another; maybe for a bigger thrill he goes and gets a gun, and a bunch of duck tape from the store. I wont ruin the ending for you incase you haven’t seen it yet and are planning to do so, but this I can tell you. With this being a “Lifetime Movie” I planned on a lot more cheesiness and funny lines. There really wasn’t a lot of that. The acting was really good, and they may have just pulled off the super cheesy lines. LOL


Pretty Little Liars: So I got all caught up on PLL (Pretty Little Liars) before the season premier Monday night. I have to say that I really like the show. I love all the drama. I also love trying to figure out the mystery. I know that PLL is based off of a book series and I’m super tempted to read the books so I can find out who this A is. It’s kind of driving me nuts. I have my suspicions of who it is-and I could be totally wrong.

Here is my list:
Melissa (Spencer’s Sister): Those two seem like there is a lot of bad blood between them even though they are trying to cover some of that up right now. I think there is enough motive for her to be A. Why not put her sister threw the ringer and drag her friends along for the ride? Melissa could also be working with Ian?
Jenna (The Blind Girl): I don’t think she is blind. She has also been around some of the events where A has left messages, but I do think that someone could be helping her out.
Lucas (Hanna’s Yearbook Friend): After watching the episode twice, I’m convinced that he is the one that left the message on Hanna’s cast because A apologizes about earlier and then says Love A. I think he has been a “fan” of the whole group, and he’s been around watching them for years. Below is a conversation that Allison has with Hanna, and I think Allison ended up telling the truth at the wrong time.
Something that bugged me about the episode was how long does someone need to be in the hospital for, for a broken leg? Days? I mean, be a man, rub some dirt in it! Can’t you just lay in bed and take those meds at home, instead of being in the hospital for days? I mean really?
The funniest line of the show is when Jenna (the blind girl) overhears Emily calling to see Toby in jail, and they get into a little tiff. Emily says this to Jenna. "Somebody should have stepped between you too a long time ago. Maybe a social worker with a bucket of ice water."
I decided to add the conversation the Allison has with Hanna while she is in the hospital. It could be important, and the dialog is kind of funny.
Allison: Did you miss me? Here I am. It’s complicated Hanna. Really complicated. Worse than Algebra Hanna.
Hanna: What happened when you left the barn? We all want to know.
Allison: You already do. The four of you combined. You remember more about that night than you think you do.
Hanna: Where'd you go? To meet a boy? Noel?
Allison: Noel? Please.
Hanna: Please just tell me the truth.
Allison: It won't make a difference, darling.
Hanna: How can you say that?
Allison: Because I know. You think the truth is some shinning disco ball of purity? Then go ahead and try it. Be honest. See what it gets you. Telling the truth to the wrong person at the wrong time is how I ended up where I am. Take it from me; you're always better off with a really good lie. Gotta Go.
Hanna: Where?
Allison: I was so scared that you were going to die. That's why I came back. I didn't care how dangerous it was. I had to see you. You know I really should do something about A.

Also in this episode, Lucas sneaks into Hanna’s hospital room and kisses her on the forehead. When confronted later, Hanna says she just likes him as friends and Lucas leaves all mad.
Emily tells her dad that she is gay.
And the tree that had the heart carved in it Allison Loves Ian has been cut down, and the last scene is the log burning of the carving in the tree.
Message Hanna’s cast:
Sorry about losing my temper. My Bad
Love A

Who do you think is A?
















The Biggest Loser: The show started out where contestants instead of going to their first work out they had their first challenge. Teams who finished a 5k first got to pick their trainers. They either got Bob and Jillian or Two Mystery trainers and four weeks of immunity.
What bugged me the most about the whole episode was they never showed the stupid new trainers! How irritating! They had all they hype and I don’t know why they couldn’t just show us. I mean really? Do they have scary looking and have warts all over their face? Is this really necessary to drag out another whole week?
It was funny cause Jillian said that she wasn't going to yell this season. Bob made fun of her saying, "Jillian saying she's not going to yell is like saying a lion won't roar, or a cat won't purr." He went on and on. Totally made me laugh.


Parenthood: Adam shows up to the shelter where Haddie has been working and met her boyfriend. (who is a recovering alcoholic) to invite him over for dinner so they could meet him. Max says some pretty funny things while Haddie boyfriend Alex is over like…”You’re black.” Or “Oh you’re poor.” I was totally laughing. Can you imagine how embarrassing that would be if that happened to you? HA HA Although Haddie’s parents were impressed on how Alex has changed his life and is making better choices, they decide to tell Haddie that she can no longer date Alex. When she later sees Alex she doesn’t tell him. Dun dun dun… Who can blame Haddie when she gets to kiss darker chocolate when it has richer the taste? Why can't parents see how happy their kids are and trust them a little? I guess they wouldn't be parents then would they?

Jasmine asks for Crosby’s help in disciplining their son Jabar. Crosby first tries to teach Jabar to help out by talking to him man to man, but when Jabar rats on him after cleaning his whole room for him—Jasmine gets mad and tells him he can no longer be his friend and needs to be his father. Crosby lays down the law when Jabar doesn’t listen to him about cleaning his room and instead gets called, “The Worst Dad in the world.” OUCH!

Sarah’s son, Drew tells his friends at school that he had a beer with his grandpa and his friends invite themselves over for one. Zeke, Drew’s grandpa walks in and stops the party and sends the rest of the boys home. Drew ends up telling his mom about the beer he shared with his grandpa and Sarah gets mad at her dad, who promises to let her handle the problem. Sarah decides to tell her kids a little about the real problem their dad had with drinking, and that the problem could be genetic and they need to be extra careful. Sarah also decides with the New Year to set a goal not to date all year. I don’t know about you but I’m thinking when John Corbett comes into the picture that could change? I guess we’ll have to wait and see for next week.

Can't wait for Modern Family tomorrow. On ABC.


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay I am totally addicted to Pretty Little Liars. Here are my thoughts. First of all Hanna's mom mentioned that they might have to remove her spleen and she had some other injuries besides her leg. So I'm guessing that is why she was in the hospital for so long.

I think you have some good theories about who "A" is. I definitely think Ian needs to be added to the potential list. After all he dated Allison and he had a thing with Spencer. Or as you suggested it could be he & Melissa together.

Ooh or maybe Ian killed Allison and Melissa is "A". So many interesting theories!

AMezNewz said...

Amanda, I think you are totally right about Ian having something to do with it. I think their wedding is super suspicious! And thanks for reminding me about the spline...I do remember that now.

Allison told the wrong person. I think we have to figure out who that might be, and we might have the killer/A.

Can't wait till next week.

Melissa Ash said...

I forgot to watch The Biggest Loser, so i am glad you wrote this up. I LOVE that show!! :) It is one of the two reality TV shows that I allow myself to watch, the other being "The Amazing Race!" Fun stuff! Thank you so much for the nice comment on my blog. I appreciate it. And, I read your blog too!!