Thursday, January 6, 2011

People's Choice Awards

I have to admit that I didn't see the whole award show, but I caught the end. Queen Latifah hosted the People's Choice Award and there were a couple of things that bugged me. 1) I didn't like how they kept saying things like, "Hello People" "He is a People" "Wave to the People". The vibe I got was just because we're not a celebrity we're just... People. I'm sure they were just trying to be funny, but maybe it was the mood I was in, and I took it like they were talking down to us people. lol 2) There were a lot of awkward moments of Queen Latifah hosting in just the last twenty minutes or so. There were times I was just embarrassed for her especially when she was talking to Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner. She was pretending to freak out when she tapped Jacob on the leg. It was really uncomfortable. I just wanted her to save herself and sit down. Then she asked Rob if they flew in on a private plane and he said something english, and she started making fun of his accent. I know she was just trying to be funny, but I mostly felt bad for her, and wished a Ninja would drop from the celling and steal the mic from her. 3) Why is Kristen Stewart so awkward in public when she speaks? Is it nerves? I hope so.

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse took home, Favorite movie of 2010. Congrats to all the winners of 2010...We the People voted for you. LOL Click Here for the list of winners for the People Choice Awards.

2 comments:

Chism said...

The People's Choice Awards was so awkward I had to stop watching.

I don't think Queen Latifah has learned her lesson. Don't host the People's Choice Awards...

Anna said...

LOL!! I didn't watch, but I like Queen Latifa. She is probably better when she is scripted and can get a lot of "takes".